Friday, June 20, 2014

Feed Plan

In case you were curious as to what my feed plan looked like, here it is! A feed plan is the schedule of what I will be eating every 30 minutes in the water. I have it mapped out for 6 hours. Hopefully, I will be finished before that! Yes, it is color coded. 


STAGE 6 FEED PLAN
L.Picardo
6/24/2014
Splash Time- 10:30 AM
What’s In The Bag?
Green Bottle- Water
Orange Bottle- Water with Gu mixed in
Blue Bottle- Peanut Butter M&M’s
Applesauce
Chia Vitality
Gu Gels- Chocolate and Vanilla


Schedule
Feed 1 (0:30)- Chocolate Gu
Feed 2 (1:00)- Water with Gu
Feed 3 (1:30)- Chia Vitality and Water
Feed 4 (2:00)- Applesauce and Water
Feed 5 (2:30)- Vanilla Gu and Water
Feed 6 (3:00)- Applesauce
Feed 7 (3:30)- Peanut Butter M&M’s and Water
Feed 8 (4:00)- Applesauce
Feed 9 (4:30)- Chocolate Gu and Water
Feed 10 (5:00)- Applesauce

Feed 11 (5:30)- Vanilla Gu

The applesauce is a very sentimental for me. I grew up eating delicious homemade applesauce that my great-grandmother, grandmother and great-aunt used to make to go with pork chops and red cabbage (and really almost any other dinner). I now go apple picking and make sauce every fall with the same recipe. While I am using store bought applesauce in little individual pouches because they are easier in the water, having applesauce be a part of my swim makes me feel connected to them in a way. I also think about my paternal grandmother who passed away right before the open water season last year, and how she used to go "Oh Blessed Mother!" when my dad would tell her about my swimming. She said this a lot when he would tell her that I had absolutely no fear of waves when I was only 6. They all loved the water as much as I do, and while I often wish that they were here to see me become a marathon swimmer, I know that they are still here with me. 
Nanny (my great-grandmother) and I reading Mother Goose. April 1989.
Senior Prom 2007. My shoulders were a lot smaller back then. Great-Aunt Alice (left), Grandma Kay (right)

Mmmmmm. I can smell it now!

Hold Fast,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Laura - you are going to sail in your swim! a wonderful read - good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love a nicely organized plan, especially one involving food! and what beautiful memories of the women in your life. they will have the best view of you during your aquatic journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, both for the lovely family tribute and the amazing color-coding ��.

    ReplyDelete