Sunday, March 30, 2014

Early Mornings and Kickboard-ing

Well, I have certainly neglected this blog for a bit! In my defense, March was a bit CRAZY. I moved to Morningside Heights on March 15th, and also helped my parents get their home of 28 years ready to hit the market.

I've made a lot of strides (or strokes, to be more accurate) this month in training. I'm doing intervals, kicking really hard, and also making sure that I am eating more. My schedule is Tuesday-Friday from 5:45 to 7:30, and then one light swim on the weekends. There is no way that I can get to the pool Monday mornings once Game of Thrones starts on Sunday nights :)

My favorite drills have been the 50 meter kickboard sprints. They are really challenging, and there are times that it feels like my heart is going to explode, but they are so fun. I have always been a strong kicker, and this is just going to be another weapon in my arsenal as I race the tide in the Hudson.

The hardest part is the early wake ups. I am naturally an early to bed early to rise kind of girl, but making sure that I get those 7-8 hours of sleep is tough. I've tried to function on less, but it is just not conducive to my training at the moment. Luckily, I have an incredible group of supportive friends  who understand that I can't always be out late, and help make my weekend free time really fun.

Hold Fast,
Laura

PS- If you read my previous rant about pants, you should know I FOUND AWESOME PANTS!
http://bit.ly/1ml1bDW

2 comments:

  1. Glad to read an update on your training, and also to hear that you found pants! Congrats on keeping at it :)

    ReplyDelete